Well, I will always remember May 1, 2010 as the happiest day of my life! Sounds sooo cliche and cheesy, but I honestly will never forget it. I have never felt luckier as I walked down the isle towards Scott. Such a natural high to have your closest friends and family there to help celebrate. It all went by in a flash!
Flash forward to after the honeymoon and I couldn't help but have a small case of "Post Wedding Blues." All that planning, excitement, and of course, being the center of attention! I started to get upset with myself because I was so sad it was over. I married a great man, we have our whole lives ahead of us, why the hell was I feeling this way? I did some research and found that this was a pretty common in fact!!
My List of things to help get over "Post Wedding Blues":
1. Make new goals: Realize the wedding was 1 day out of your life. A special, memorable day, but just 1 day. Share dreams of the future and make a game plan to get there.
2. Enjoy the extra free time! Join a gym, start a book club, cozy up and enjoy a lazy movie night.
3. Go Out. Start going out with friends again that you were too busy to hang out with during the planning process.
4. Date Nights. Cook for your new loved one at home, try new recipes together!
5. New Hobbies. Scuba certification? tennis lessons? It's ok to have separate interests! Try something new individually.
6. Plan a Party. Now that you are a pro in planning a wedding, why not put the planning to good use! Help a friend plan a fabulous birthday party. (or you could always start planning the big 10 year Renewing of the Vows Party, lol).
7. Remember to live in the moment. It's always going to be fun to look back at wedding pictures from time to time. But don't forget to look at and enjoy the most important person in the world standing right in front of you. Give them a hug! Live in the moment!
xoxo, little Lans.